All Academy applicants and those interested in learning more should fill out the form below. A member of our team will be in touch to provide more information and communicate the next steps.
Applications are processed on first come basis. Once enough participants have confirmed their acceptance to fill the class, admission will be closed. Applicants under the age of eighteen must have the written permission of their parents or legal guardians to participate.
If you aren't ready for this year's Academy cohort we'd love to connect and be able to provide resources so you can be working on your own to be ready for the Academy.
Prerequisites for Academy
- Desire to do a quality job rather than "just good enough"
- Demonstrate maturity, high ethics and an ability to work well with others
- Demonstrate mental stamina in problem solving; the ability to concentrate on difficult problems for extended periods of time
- Provide letters of reference with contact information to attest to the above
- Demonstrate ability to clearly communicate well verbally or in written English
- Understand basic Algebra, Geometry, and Trigonometry... i.e. solving for variables, understanding different shapes and knowing the difference between a sine and a cosine
- A foundation in hard sciences (e.g. high school level physics) is desired but not necessary
- Have completed at least their junior year of high school
- Have foundational programming experience and be able to demonstrate that you understand basic concepts like:
- Repetitive Loops (e.g. while loops)
- Conditional Branches (e.g. if-else)
- Variables and their assignment
- Types (of data)
- Flow Control, which includes:
Because the Academy is an intense program covering a lot of material in a relatively short time, we want to make sure all applicants are prepared to be successful. We're always willing to consider exceptions for exceptional candidates.